A complete guide to the Mark Degree, Finding The Mark consists of easy to read, in-depth and researched lectures from the Grand Stewards Lodge. Written by a number of distinguished Masonic scholars on a diverse range of subjects relating to Mark Masonry as a whole, this book is a complete guide to the Degree and it is hoped that all Mark Masons will find the lectures of interest.
The Lectures contained in the book are:
- In the Beginning….;
- MW Bro the Revd Canon GR Portal, MA: from rebel to ruler;
- The Invention of a Mark Province,1858-1894;
- Spirituality in Mark Masonry; A Presidents
- Life; Per Ardua ad Dignitatem Meritam
- The confluence of the Craft and the Mark;
- The Mark Grand Stewards and their Lodge;
- From Babylon to Jerusalem:
- The Narratives of Early Mark Rituals;
- The Pictorial Heritage of the Golden Age of Mark Masonry;
- Chiselling towards Truth: a sharper edge in Mark History and Meaning;
- Nailer, Jailer, Warder, Sailor: John Francis Dorrington, Grand Commander;
- The Rt Hon William Wither Bramston Beach, M.P.,
- Grand Master 1866-69 A shining light in Freemasonry;
- Thomas Meggy: A charitable life captured in print; The Coming of Age of English Mark Masonry;
- R. M. Handfield-Jones: the Man, the Medic and the Mason.
The Contributors are:
John Acaster; David Aspinwall; Keith Carmichael; Diane Clements; Dr James Daniel; Richard L.Gan; Dr Roeinton Khambatta; The Revd Michael Morgan; Professor Aubrey Newman; Rod Taylor; Dr John Wade; and Peter Glyn Williams.