With Foreword by Michael Baigent
This is the book that will change what you think you knew about Masonic history forever . . .
In many of the earliest Masonic manuscripts we read of the great influence of York and a mysterious Prince Edwin, on the history of Freemasonry. This has been assumed a myth by most historians. But â€¦.could these early stories regarding the importance of York be true? Or at least based on true events, confused as they may have become when handed down over centuries?
The story which is told in these pages has never before been fully represented and will change the way we view the origins of Freemasonry in the British Isles forever. Join the Revd Neville Barker Cryer on a historical detective trail through the history of York Masonry, from the 9th to the 19th century.
- That the first recorded initiation of a speculative masons was a fishmonger 1571
- Why masonic legends claim Freemasonry was founded in Yorkshire.
Contains the history of both the the Masonic Province of Yorkshire, West Riding and the Masonic Province of Yorkshire, North and East Ridings
- The truth about the mysterious King Æthelstan.
- The true origins of the American York Rite
- The hidden mysteries of the City of York
- The first Recorded Speculative Masonic Initiations.
- The first Royal Arch Chapter in the world
- The truth about the rival Grand Lodge of All England